Dr. Eliana Costanzo
Dr. Eliana Costanzo
Operative Unit: Medical Retina Operating Unit
Clinical activity: Since 2017 Dr Eliana Costanzo has been carrying out clinical scientific activity in the Medical Retina Unit of IRCCS “G.B. Bietti“ Foundation in Rome.
Her major interests are in Retinal Diseases. Her main activities are outpatient clinics in Presidio Britannico – “G.B. Bietti” Foundation (San Giovanni Addolorata Hospital) in Rome, Retinal Multimodal Imaging and Scientific Research.
29/06/2016 Graduate Diploma in Ophthalmology at Second University of Naples, vote 50/50 full marks with honors. Thesis title: "Morphological and functional analysis of patients with central serous chorioretinopathy treated by mineralcorticoid-receptor antagonists".
2015 ERASMUS+ mobility program, stage in Retinal Disease and Macular Imaging at Ophthalmology Department of Prof. Eric Souied at Universitée Paris Est-Créteil of Paris (France).
21/07/2010 Degree in Medicine and Surgery at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore of Rome, vote 110/110 full marks with honors. Thesis title: “Functional evaluation of internal and external central retina of children affected by mild ROP and history of prematurity”.
- From 29/06/2017: Ophthalmologist
- From 1/1/2017 to present: Researcher in the Medical Retina Unit IRCCS “G.B. Bietti” Foundation of Rome (Italy)
Co-investigator in controlled multicentric clinical trial
- Protocol: CRFB002DIT01 "An open label, multicenter, expanded access program of Ranibizumab in patients with visual impairement due to diabetic macular edema for whom no suitable therapeutic alternative exist."
- Protocol: CRFB002AIT02(TWEYEs): "A 12 Months, Prospective, Multicenter, Open-label, Single Arm Interventional Study Assessing the Safety and Tolerability of 0.5 mg Ranibizumab in Mono/Bilateral Wet AMD Patients in Eyes With BCVA Below 2/10 and/or Second Affected Eye"
- Protocol: NGF0113(LUMOS) "A 24 week phase Ib/II, multicenter, randomized, double-masked, vehicle controlled, parallel group, dose ranging study with a 24 week follow-up period to evaluate the safety and potential efficacy of two doses (60 and 180 μg/ml) of recombinant human nerve growth factor (rhNGF) eye drops solution versus vehicle in patients with typical retinitis pigmentosa (RP)"
- Journal of Ophthalmology
- Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine
Author of several publications in international Journals.
- Eplerenone Versus Observation in the Treatment of Acute Central Serous Chorioretinopathy: A Retrospective Controlled Study. Zucchiatti I, Sacconi R, Parravano MC, Costanzo E, Querques L, Montorio D, Bandello F, Querques G.Ophthalmol Ther. 2018 Feb 13.
- Hyperreflective Choroidal Vessels in Geographic Atrophy Secondary to Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Todisco L, Capuano V, Costanzo E, Recupero SM, Souied EH, Querques G. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina. 2016 Dec 1;47(12):1106-1114.
- Retinal Pigment Epithelium Aperture: a previously unreported finding in the evolution of avascular pigment epithelium detachment. Querques G, Bandello F, Corvi F, Introini U, Querques L, Costanzo E, Souied EH. Retina. 2016 Aug 2.
- Type 1 Choroidal Neovascularization Lesion Size: Indocyanine Green Angiography Versus Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography. Costanzo E, Miere A, Querques G, Capuano V, Jung C, Souied EH. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016 Jul 1;57(9).
- Choroidal structure in eyes with drusen and reticular pseudodrusen determined by binarisation of optical coherence tomographic images. Corvi F, Souied EH, Capuano V, Costanzo E, Benatti L, Querques L, Bandello F, Querques G. Br J Ophthalmol. 2016 May 17.
- Choroidal Caverns: A Novel Optical Coherence Tomography Finding in Geographic Atrophy. Querques G, Costanzo E, Miere A, Capuano V, Souied EH.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016 May 1;57(6):2578-82.
- Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography in Central Serous Chorioretinopathy. Costanzo E, Cohen SY, Miere A, Querques G, Capuano V, Semoun O, El Ameen A, Oubraham H, Souied EH 2015;2015:134783.
- Choroidal maps in non-exudative age-related macular degeneration. Capuano V, Souied EH, Miere A, Jung C, Costanzo E, Querques G. Br J Ophthalmol. 2015 Sep 7.
- "Choriorétinopathie séreuse centrale" E Costanzo, H Oubraham in Les images clés en Angio- OCT. Une nouvelle vision de la rétine
- "DMLA exsudative. Néovaisseaux de type1 "E Costanzo, G Querques, SY Cohen in Les images clés en Angio-OCT. Une nouvelle vision de la rétine
- "Caratteristiche della fibrosi sottoretinica in OCT-A" E Souied, A Miere, O Semoun, E Costanzo, SY Cohen in Manuale pratico di Angiografia OCT di Lumbroso, Huang, Souied, Rispoli. Fabiano Gruppo Editoriale 2015.