Prof. Midena Edoardo (Head of Operative Unit)
Professor Edoardo Midena graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Padova.
He is Board Certified in Ophthalmology, he is currently Full Professor of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at the University of Padova, School of Medicine, and Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology, Padova University Hospital.
- 2015 onwards: Director and Full Professor of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at the University of Padova, School of Medicine
- 2007 onwards: Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology – Padova University Hospital.
- 2006 onwards: Full Professor of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Padova.
- 2001-2007: Associate Professor of Ophthalmology and Director of Ocular Oncology Unit, Padova University Hospital.
- Member of the scientific board of the G.B. Bietti Foundation, IRCCS (Rome, Italy);
- Member of Board of directors of the Italian Ophthalmological Society;
- Member of the National Committee for the prevention of blindness;
- Member of the Executive Board of EURETINA.
- Elected member of the Club Jules Gonin, the Retina Society, the Macula Society
- European Academy of Ophthalmology;
- General Secretary and national representative of the European Board of Ophthalmology (the main cultural istitution in ambito oftalmologico in Europa);
- General Secretary of the Italian Retina Society
- member of the Executive Board of Euretina;
- Fellow of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology.
Principal Investigator in several international clinical trials about innovative drugs for the cure of maculopathies.
Prof. Midena is a reviewer of major scientific journals: Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Ophthalmology, British Journal of Ophthalmology, Graefes Archives of Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, Cancer, European Journal of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmic Research, Drugs and Acta Ophthalmologica Scandinavica, Cases & Reports.
- Invited editor of the journal Current Eye Research and member of the editorial board of Retinal Cases & Brief Reports, Ophthalmologica and International Ophthalmology
- Author and co-author of 113 publications on ophthalmic research in peer reviewed journals. He is author or co-author of more than 300 scientific works.
He received the European Leadership Development Award of the European Society of Ophthalmology and the award of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.