Dr. Savini Giacomo
Dr. Giacomo Savini
Operative Unit: Anterior Segment and Cornea Operating Unit
Clinical activity: Specialized in cataract and refractive surgery, including clear lens extraction and multifocal/toric intraocular lens (IOL) implantation. Most of his clinical research activity in the last decade has focused on IOL power calculation, with special attention to post-LASIK calculations, calculations for toric IOLs and evaluation of new technologies.
Graduated at the University of Bologna, Italy, in 1993
Residency in ophthalmology completed at University of Bologna, Italy, in 1997
Clinical observerships: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami (2000); Ocular Surface Center, Miami (2002, 2003 and 2004)
- In private practice since 1997 in Bologna, Italy.
- Researcher at G.B. Bietti Foundation, Rome, since 2007.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the IOL Power Club
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS)
- Società Oftalmologica Italiana (SOI)
- Associazione Italiana Chirurgia della Cataratta e Refrattiva (AICCER)
Reviewer for the Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Journal of Refractive Surgery, Ophthalmology, British Journal of Ophthalmology, Acta Ophthalmologica, Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science