The IRCCS Fondazione G.B. Bietti for Study and Research in Ophthalmology ONLUS is certified according to two interacting certification schemes:
- IQNet CISQ/IMQ-CSQ according to the ISO 9001: 2015 standard for the “Design and implementation of scientific research activities in the ophthalmological field”, “Design and delivery of training courses in the ECM field”
- Certification of the Clinical Trials Center by the European Vision Institute Clinical Trials Sites of Excellence (EVI CT SE) as a European Center of Excellence for Clinical Trials.
- ISO 9001:2015 certification for “Research and development laboratory in the biochemical, molecular and cellular field applied to ophthalmological sciences”.
The EVI is a European Network of Centres for Certified Clinical Trials in Ophthalmology that use the highest quality standards and follow European and international directives for research. Membership in the network is conditioned by a certification of excellence carried out by independent auditors.
The main purposes are:
- ensure a high level of quality and excellence in the work carried out by members according to the guidelines of Good Clinical Practice (G.C.P.);
- be a resource for industries in the execution of clinical trias in ophthalmology;
- promote multi-centre clinical research in the European Union.
- coordinate members’ training activities.